Date of Last Update: January 25, 2021
1. Information We Collect
1.1 Your privacy is important to us and we have taken steps to ensure that we do not collect more information from you than what is necessary for us to provide the Website Services.
1.2 When you use the Website or the Website Services, make a purchase from the Website or do any other activity on the Website, we may collect the following types of Personal Data, Communication Data, Technical Data and Marketing Data (collectively the “Data”) from you:
- 2.1 Personal Data: This may include personal information relating to a person such as name, gender, credit/debit card information, phone number, address, e-mail address and such other information, data and materials as we may deem necessary for the provision of the Website Services. We utilize third-party companies such as Google, Facebook and Pinterest which use customer data for advertising purposes and Stripe and/or PayPal for payment processing services. When you contact us through any of the communication modes as mentioned below, your e-mail address may be added to our mailing list from which you can unsubscribe at any time using the unsubscribe link in each e-mail or by contacting us at [email protected]
- 2.2 Communication Data: This may include data relating to any communication that you send to us whether that be through the consultation/contact form on the Website, through e-mail or any other mode of communication that you use to contact us. We process this data to communicate with you for record-keeping and the establishment, pursuance or defence of potential legal claims. Our lawful ground for this processing is our legitimate interests which in this case are to reply to communications sent to us, to keep records and to establish, pursue or defend potential legal claims.
- 2.3 Technical Data: This may include data about your use of the Website and online services such as your IP address, your login data, details about your browser, length of visit to pages on the Website, page views and navigation paths, details about the number of times you use the Website, time zone settings and other technology on the devices you use to access the Website. The source of this data is from our analytics tracking system. We process this data to analyse your use of the Website and other online services, to administer and protect our business and the Website, to deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you and to understand the effectiveness of our advertising. Our lawful ground for this processing is our legitimate interests which in this case are to enable us to properly administer the Website and our business and to grow our business and to decide our marketing strategy.
- 2.4 Marketing Data: This may include data about your preferences in receiving marketing material from us and our third parties and your communication preferences. Our lawful ground for this processing is our legitimate interests which in this case are to study how customers use our services, to develop them, to grow our business and to decide our marketing strategy.
2. Name and Address of the Data Controller
2.1 Data Controller for the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), other data protection laws applicable in the Member States of the European Union (“EU”) and other provisions related to data protection is:
3. Consent and its Withdrawal
3.3 If you change your mind, you may withdraw your consent for us to contact you, for the continued collection, use or disclosure of your information, at any time, by contacting us at [email protected]
4. How We Use and Process the Data
4.1 The Data collected by us from you may be used to provide you with the Website Services and better understand your needs in relation thereto, to correspond with you and reply to any of your questions relating to the Website Services.
4.2 We will not rent or sell your Data to others.
i. verifying your identity;
ii. sending you a welcome e-mail;
iii. providing you with customer service and responding to your queries, feedback or disputes;
iv. conducting marketing analysis, sending surveys or newsletters, contacting you about the Website Services, products, activities, special events or offers from us or our partners and for other marketing, information, product development, and promotional purposes;
v. making such disclosures as may be required for any of the above purposes or as required by law, regulations, and guidelines or in respect of any investigations, claims or potential claims brought on or against us;
vi. sending you notices (for example, in the form of e-mails, mailings and the like) regarding products or services you are receiving and for billing and collection purposes;
vii. providing and maintaining the Website Services;
viii. notifying you about changes to the Website Services;
ix. sending you information we think you may find useful or that you have requested from us;
x. enhancing and improve the Website or the Website Service such as through personalized features and content; and/or
4.4 We shall ensure that:
5. Disclosure of Data
5.2 We may disclose the Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
5.3 When necessary, we may also disclose and transfer your Data to our professional advisors, law enforcement agencies, insurers, government, and regulatory and other organizations.
6. Data Storage
6.1 Your Data may be stored and processed at our cloud-based server such as Shopify.
6.4 We will only retain your Data preferably for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes we collected it for including to satisfy any record retention or reporting requirements under applicable laws. When deciding what the correct time is to keep the Data, we look at its amount, nature and sensitivity, potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure, the processing purposes, if these can be achieved by other means and legal requirements.
7. How We Protect Your Information
7.1 We store all the Data submitted by you through the Website at a secure cloud-based database.
7.2 No method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
7.3 We are concerned with protecting your privacy and Data but we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any Data you transmit or guarantee that your Data may not be accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed by breach of any of our industry-standard physical, technical or managerial safeguards.
7.4 Any Data supplied by you will be retained by us and will be accessible by our employees, any service providers engaged by us and third parties.
8. Compliance with the GDPR
8.1 For users based in the EU, the Website shall make all reasonable efforts to ensure that it complies with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU) 2016/679 of the EU regarding the collection, use and retention of Data from the Users based in Member States of the EU. The Website shall make all reasonable efforts to adhere to the requirements of notice, choice, onward transfer, security, data integrity, access and enforcement.
8.2 The Rights of Users: You may exercise certain rights regarding your Data processed by us. In particular, users based in the EU may do the following:
8.3 Right of confirmation: You shall have the right granted by the EU legislator to obtain from us the confirmation as to whether or not personal data concerning you are being processed.
8.4 Right of Access: You shall have the right granted by the EU legislator to obtain from us free information about your Personal Data stored at any time and a copy of this information. Furthermore, the EU directives and regulations grant you access to the following information:
8.4.8 the existence of automated decision-making, including profiling, referred to in Article 22(1) and (4) of the GDPR and, at least in those cases, meaningful information about the logic involved as well as the significance and envisaged consequences of such processing for you.
8.5 Furthermore, you shall have a right to obtain information as to whether personal data are transferred to a third country or an international organisation. Where this is the case, you shall have the right to be informed of the appropriate safeguards relating to the transfer.
8.6 Right to rectification: You shall have the right granted by the EU legislator to obtain from us without undue delay the rectification of inaccurate personal data concerning you. Taking into account the purposes of the processing, you shall have the right to have incomplete personal data completed, including by means of providing a supplementary statement.
8.7 Right to erasure (Right to be forgotten): You shall have the right granted by the EU legislator to obtain from us the erasure of personal data concerning you without undue delay and we shall have the obligation to erase personal data without undue delay where one of the following grounds applies as long as the processing is not necessary:
8.8 Right of restriction of processing: You shall have the right granted by the EU legislator to obtain from us restriction of processing where one of the following applies:
If one of the aforementioned conditions is met and you wish to request the restriction of the processing of personal data stored by us, you may at any time contact us.
8.9 Right to data portability: You shall have the right granted by the EU legislator to receive the personal data concerning you, which was provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. You shall have the right to transmit those data to another data controller without hindrance from us to which the personal data have been provided as long as the processing is based on consent pursuant to point (a) of Article 6(1) of the GDPR or point (a) of Article 9(2) of the GDPR or on a contract pursuant to point (b) of Article 6(1) of the GDPR and the processing is carried out by automated means as long as the processing is not necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or the exercise of official authority vested in us.
8.10 Right to object: You shall have the right granted by the EU legislator to object on grounds relating to your particular situation at any time to processing of personal data concerning you, which is based on point (e) or (f) of Article 6(1) of the GDPR. This also applies to profile based on these provisions.
8.11 Automated individual decision-making, including profiling: You shall have the right granted by the EU legislator not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling, which produces legal effects concerning you, or similarly significantly affects you, as long as the decision (1) is not necessary for entering into, or the performance of, a contract between you and us, or (2) is not authorised by EU or a Member State law to which we are subject and which also lays down suitable measures to safeguard your rights and freedoms and legitimate interests, or (3) is not based on your explicit consent.
If the decision (1) is necessary for entering into, or the performance of, a contract between you and us, or (2) it is based on your explicit consent, we shall implement suitable measures to safeguard your rights and freedoms and legitimate interests, at least the right to obtain human intervention on our part, to express your point of view and contest the decision.
8.12 Right to withdraw data protection consent: You shall have the right granted by the EU legislator to withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal data at any time. You may initiate a request with us at [email protected] to exercise any of the above-mentioned rights. We shall review your request and, in our discretion, honour your request, if deemed necessary by us, within a reasonable time.
9. Compliance with CalOPPA
- Users can visit our site anonymously.
10. Compliance of California Privacy Act 2018
10.2 Your rights under the CCPA:
10.3 If you have additional questions about this or how to exercise your rights under the CCPA, please contact us at [email protected]
11. Third-Party Service Providers
11.1 We may employ third party companies (such as Google, Facebook, Pinterest, Stripe and PayPal) and individuals to facilitate the Website Services (“Third Party Service Providers“), to provide the Website Services on our behalf, to perform Website Services-related services or to assist us in analysing how the Website Service is used.
11.2 These third parties have access to your Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
12. Changes to this Privacy Statement
12.3 Occasionally there may be information on the Website that contains typographical errors, inaccuracies or omissions that may relate to service descriptions, pricing, availability and various other information and we reserve the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions and to change or update the information at any time, without prior notice.
13. TEXT MARKETING NOTIFICATIONS
By subscribing to actioncameraflashlight.us text notifications, you agree to receive automated marketing text messages from us about our products and services at the phone number you provided when you subscribed, and that the messages may be sent via automatic telephone dialing system or other technology. Message frequency is recurring. Consent is not a condition of purchase. Message and data rates may apply. Reply STOP, END, CANCEL, UNSUBSCRIBE or QUIT to opt-out and HELP for customer support. You may receive an additional text message confirming your decision to opt-out. You understand and agree that attempting to opt-out by any means other than texting the opt-out commands above is not a reasonable means of opting out.
14. Contact us